Coming to Xerocon for apps? Here’s a guide to parties & events
There are dozens of reasons to attend Xerocon, but one of the biggest is the chance to explore the ecosystem of apps that integrate with Xero. Over 75 app exhibitors will be on hand this year in Brisbane, including established names such as Spotlight Reporting and rising stars like AccountKit. They can explain how to get the most out of your apps and introduce you to ones you never knew you needed.
We’ll also have Xero staff hosting sessions on maximising apps’ potential, from unlocking the revenue opportunities of advisory to building the ultimate app stack.
Here’s a rundown of app-related events you won’t want to miss, both during Xerocon and after hours. Most after-hours events are free but note you will need to register beforehand. They fill up quickly.
- Annual PreXerocon Cloud Apps Meetup, River City Labs, 3 September, 1:30-4:30pm
- The aim of the afternoon is a fun, informative MasterMind session to get you the mood for Practice Ignition’s Precon Party and Xerocon the next day. Hosted by Heather Smith, cloud consultantand author of “Xero for Dummies.
- Engage with top names including Practice Ignition, Receipt Bank, BGL, and Float. We’ll also hear from Xero’s Kaye Harding, General Manager of Ecosystem Partner Experience, on getting the most out of your interaction with the exhibitors at Xerocon.
- Practice Ignition’s Precon party, Southbank Beer Garden & Southbeach Social, 3 September from 6pm
- Practice Ignition has traditionally held a massive kick-off party the night before Xerocon, and every year it seems to get better. Don’t miss this one.
- Dear + ServiceM8 Rooftop Drinks, The Fox Hotel, 3 September from 6pm
- Join the leaders in inventory-management and field-service apps for drinks and food while you take in the Brisbane skyline. No sales pitch – just a chance to catch up for a drink “before the craziness starts,” say the hosts.
- Receipt Bank Breakfast, Brisbane Convention Centre, 5 September, 7:15-8:30am
- Guest speakers will be Heather Smith (cloud consultant) and Tim Hoopmann (cloud specialist, founder of Spinn Solutions)
- The breakfast discussion will focus on automation in the workplace. This is a fundraiser event (minimum $20 donation), with proceeds going to mental-health nonprofit Beyond Blue
And don’t forget the biggest bash of them all, the Xerocon Wrap Party. This one’s $100, and it’s worth it.
Xerocon app sessions (Day 1 & 2):
- ‘Making the power move from an app to a stack’ with Kaye Harding, General Manager of Ecosystem Partner Experience, Xero, Wednesday 4 September, 2:30pm-3:15pm. Kaye will explain how to make the all-important move from guiding clients on a single app to helping transform their business (and yours) through a connected ecosystem. In this hands-on session targeted at those first exploring advisory, Kaye will teach you how to use apps to power up your firm. Then, she’ll show you on how to harness that knowledge to unlock the benefits for your clients.
- ‘The evolution of data automation at Xero: Automating manual tasks to increase efficiency at your practice’ with Dan Shiner (Product Manager, Xero) and Andrew Hirst (Queensland Territory Manager, Partner Sales, Xero), Wednesday 4 September, 3:30-4:15pm. Dan and Andrew will explain how an increasing number of accountants and bookkeepers are using Xero to automate manual tasks like document collection and data entry. By streamlining workflows when paying bills, managing expenses, and reconciling accounts, you can use data to advise your clients and work with them closer than ever before. In this session, you’ll learn how Hubdoc, Xero Expenses and Xero Files come together to help you increase efficiency at your practice and we’ll give a sneak peek at what you can expect from us in the future.
- ‘Embracing the app ecosystem: Unlocking profit and boosting your business’ with Patrick Frigo, Practice App Specialist, Xero. Thursday 5 September, 11:15am-12pm. Are you looking to deepen your client services and support, but unsure how to monetise? In this session, Patrick will explore how the app ecosystem can help you boost profit and efficiency for your clients and your practice. He’ll walk through how to get started, highlight inspiring examples from those who’ve done it, and clarify pricing strategies that unlock new revenue opportunities.
If you’re especially keen for the app opportunities at Xerocon, there’s no need to wait. Join the conversation with others heading to Brisbane in this Facebook group. Also explore our app playbooks for industries such as construction and retail, as well as our app-advisory training in Xero Central.
See you in Brisbane!
The post Coming to Xerocon for apps? Here’s a guide to parties & events appeared first on Xero Blog.
Read more here: Coming to Xerocon for apps? Here’s a guide to parties & events