Xero Tax is now live
In these times of uncertainty, we’re adapting to ever-changing situations, and we’re truly grateful to have great teams collaborating to support you and your clients.
As always, we’re committed to providing tools and resources that can make things easier for you – and that’s why we’re pleased to announce the launch of Xero Tax to all accountants and bookkeepers on the Xero partner programme – at no extra cost.
Corporation Tax and Accounts Production for micro entities and for small companies (abridged) is now available. Read on to discover key features and how your practice can get started today.
Key features and benefits
What makes Xero Tax so special is its deep end-to-end integration with the core Xero product and its focus on time-saving workflows. Above all, Xero Tax is 100% in the cloud and beautiful to use.
Check out some of the features:
- Single sign-on: Sign into Xero Tax in exactly the same way as you sign into Xero for ease of use.
- Ledger validation: Transaction-level analysis to check for common anomalies and reduce the risk of errors.
- Automatic XBRL tagging: Tag any chart of accounts with the appropriate iXBRL tags without doing any of the work yourself.
- Companies House data integration: Eliminate unnecessary data maintenance by always using the latest company information directly from the authorities.
- Xero hotlinks: Surface account transactions from within the accounts production workflow with a single click to easily identify where corrections may be required.
- Multi-user review: Collaborate in the preparation and reviewing of filings and easily pass the work between users.
- Custom document styling: Customise the documents you share with your clients with your own branding and preferred style.
- E-signing for your clients: Your clients can approve their filings from anywhere, anytime with our e-signing capability.
- Tax post-back to Xero: Post tax adjustment journals to Xero automatically.
- Fixed asset integration: Generate capital allowance calculations directly from Xero’s Fixed Asset Register.
Check out the Xero Tax resource centre and watch our product video to see some of these features in action.
How to get started with Xero Tax
It’s easy to get going with Xero Tax.
If you’re the master administrator in your practice, you can set up Xero Tax by simply clicking on the ‘Tax’ header in HQ. You’ll then get the options to explore Xero Tax and set up staff members.
If you’re not the master administrator, please speak with the main subscriber within your practice to get started.
For partners that participated in the beta programme or had early access to Xero Tax, you don’t need to do anything.
Get the most out of Xero Tax
To help you get the most out of Xero Tax, we’ve created world-class education courses, insightful knowledge articles and interactive webinars.
Learn and earn your Xero Tax badge: From setting up and connecting clients to preparing, reviewing and filing accounts and tax returns, our education course will ensure you’re up to speed with the workings of Xero Tax.
By completing the course you’ll earn yourself the new Xero Tax badge to display on your website or marketing material. The badge will demonstrate your Xero Tax expertise for all your current and prospective clients to see.
The course is available in self-paced or webinar format which you can do in the comfort of your home.
Register for our 30-min webinars: Join our Xero experts in this engaging webinar where they’ll walk you through Xero Tax and how it can help your practice do more. Plus, you’ll have the opportunity to ask questions.
Check out our Xero Tax knowledge articles: Learn how Xero Tax works with step by step instructions on setting up, as well as preparing and filing returns.
What’s next for Xero Tax?
Corporation Tax and Accounts Production for micro entities and for small companies (abridged) is just the beginning.
We’ll continue developing Xero Tax for Accounts Production, Personal Tax (including Making Tax Digital for Income Tax capabilities), Partnership Tax as well as Trust and Estates. Read our dedicated Xero Tax guide to find out more about the Xero Tax vision and what’s coming up next.
Source: Xero Blog